Sunday, September 7, 2014

Quick UPDATE On Blog And My Hair




Thank you to everyone that has been following this blog. Right now I am focusing on the look as much as the content. I may seem like I have been MIA for a minute due to my computer being down. However I have been carefully mapping out a plan for the blogs layout.

Messing around with code on my Ipad was not the ideal way for me to do it but I have worked out a bit of it. Anyways, I now have a new laptop so expect some changes to the site in the next coming weeks.



Bare with me during this time if the site looks a little off from time to time. I'll try to do most of the heavy duty stuff during the night and/or into the early morning hours so not to disrupt your experience too much. This is all to make the blog a bit easier to navigate and overall more fun to look at.

As for my hair, no major changes. Most of what I did relaxed and texlaxed is what I do while natural. I have seen lots of videos with hair divas talking about the changes they have had to go through from natural to relaxed. I prepared for that but, nope, not much of a change for me. The only thing I can think of that was a change for me and maybe be for other natural ladies is the type of gel you use.

I didn't have to change the way I detangled my hair because I was always on my conditioner detangle grind since my bone straight relaxer days. Why? Because I realized back then that I could not neglect my natural hair new growth while caring for my straight hair. So in the end both hair textures benefited from conditioner combing.

So since this is a hair blog after all I will leave this with you. Use one of these things to easily detangle your hair (ALL HAIR TYPES relaxed/texlaxed/natural applicable):

  1. Conditioner - Any conditioner that is moisturizing (protein based excluded unless it is very mild and even then careful of protein overload).
  2. 2tbsp of Conditioner + 7 to 8 ounces of water - Spray hair with it and message through BEFORE combing.
  3. Infusium 23 Leave-in - This just MY go to but you can use any leave-in your hair loves. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of conditioner to 7 ounces of it.
I hope that help some of you with detangle issues. As for my hair, you can be on the lookout for a 6 month update at the end of September or first week of October. I normally flat iron my hair for my update but man has it been so hot I can't take the feel of anything on my neck. I only did 3 braid outs all summer do to the heat as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No offensive, rude, or violent language or you risk being banned from comments. SPAMMERS WILL BE BLOCKED.