Friday, June 13, 2014

March - June 2014 Update

So yeah, I cut my hair, but it's growing back faster than I anticipated. Who knew?


As of June 13, 2014 my hair measures 18.2 inches on the sides, 19 inches on the back/crown, and 22.8 inches from my front hairline back. What have I been doing? Not too much different from when I was relaxed/texlaxed. Here is a rundown:

I co-wash (Pantene co-wash right now) 4x a week. My hair loves water.

I deep condition with warm coconut oil 2x a month (about to do it more). I leave it in overnight and wash it out in the AM.

I do a protein treatment once a month. Been using heated gelatin instead of Aphogee and liking it so far.

I apply a mixture of 1 heaping spoon of flowers of sulfur and 7 ounces of coconut oil to my scalp 4x a week and co-wash it out the next day.

I bunned 4-5x a week. Which was my protective style of choice. 

I used As I Am, and Infusium 23 mixed with a teaspoon of V05 as my leave-in. Sometimes I applied a little more V05 to the tips of my hair for added protection. And I sealed it all in with my tried and true coconut oil.

And I still use zero heat during the time between pics.

What was new: I messaged (and still massage)my scalp every night after oiling it. And twice I have done inversion allowing the blood to run to my head for 4 mins. for 5-7 days once a month. I have just started taking 4000 mg MSM (powdered form), 500 mcg Silica, and Hair, Skin, and Nail pills which contain Biotin (they say take 3 pills a day but I only take 1-2 a day) in the past 3 weeks. Can't comment on their affect on my hair but they have helped my skin. I also take Super B Complex and vitamin C from time to time but I always have.

Next goal is 22.5 inches in the back/crown, 21.5 inches on my sides, and 25 inches from my hairline back.That will put me back where I was before I cut it in March give or take a mm. Let's see what the summer brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No offensive, rude, or violent language or you risk being banned from comments. SPAMMERS WILL BE BLOCKED.