Monday, November 4, 2013

Hair Stuff That Is The Truth


Was talking to my friend the other day about things I've done to my hair the past 6 months. I chose to use some thing that may be less common in most hair conversations outside of maybe hair boards, but are the truth. He is a quick list of things I swear by.

1) EGG HAIR MASK: You can apply it strait to the hair or mix it into a conditioner. If you apply it straight don't apply heat and rinse with cool water ONLY. Some people separate the yoke from the white as one strength ends while the other gives off great shine. I don't separate. I find it comes out great by just adding an egg to moisturizing condition. Kind of feels like Aphogee 2 minute that way giving you soft yet strong hair. I leave it in for an hour.


2) JELLO PROTEIN TREATMENT: Jello can actually penetrate the hair and give it strength! You can use a clear pack and mix it into conditioner with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for a nice protein treatment. 

3) SULFUR GROWTH AIDE: I simply add 1-2 tablespoons of flowers of sulfur to 7-8 ounces of light oil like coconut or olive (you can add castor as well) and apply it to my scalp at least 3 nights a week.  For me (individual results may very) I was able to grow more than a half an inch a month doing this (My first results are in the my hair bible part 3) CAUTION: Do a skin allergy test first. Sulfur must be shampooed out fully after a 4-7 days of use. Not to be applied while in braids or a weave (use peppermint oil diluted in water instead). Not to be used 1 week before or after a relaxer.

4) CAMPHOR, PEPPERMINT, or MENTHOL GROWTH AIDE: All three of these work great as scalp stimulants. They help get that blood flowing to your roots. I apply it (or anything with it in it like sulfur 8) once a week, the night before I shampoo my hair. You can also by or add it to a shampoo.

5) HOT COCONUT OIL TREATMENT: All I can say about this is your Indian sistas tell no lies when it comes to coconut oil. Fill a container with coconut oil then place it in a container of hot tap water. Apply to entire length of hair when warm. Massage into scalp. Braid hair and sleep with over night. I cover my head in a plastic bag followed by a scarf but you can cover your head however you see fit. Shampoo in the morning. Can be done once a week or the day before your wash day.

6) WATER ON THE SCALP: This sounds crazy but I swear the less I get my hair wet, the slower it grows. Maybe I do. Blog to prove it one day. My other reason for stating water is that the longer I go without wetting my hair the drier and more brittle it becomes. This I know to be a fact. My hair loves water both internally and externally.

7) SEALING HAIR WITH OIL THEN CONDITIONER: You can do it the other way around but it does seem that oil holds the water/moisture into the hair strand for much longer.

8) DAMP BUNS: They don't have to be dripping wet but I find that damp binning slows down the drying process which allows the hair to stay moisturized for at least 6 hours longer. Just better than dry burning to me.

9)HENNA: It can be a little messy but it is soooo protective and strengthening to your hair. Keeps my hair strong for about 7 weeks though henna can be done weekly. Note: It may temporarily loosen your curl pattern. 

10) LEMON IN SHAMPOO: Hair will always grow but it grows much better and much faster on a clean scalp. I strongly suggest at least a once a week shampoo. NO, IT WON'T KILL YOUR HAIR!!! It will prevent future scalp issues from happening. Remember your scalp has pours just like your face. You have to clean them point blank period. If your shampoo seems too stripping try adding a few capfuls of pure LEMON JUICE. It will lower the PH making your shampoo feel more like conditioner).

No comments:

Post a Comment

No offensive, rude, or violent language or you risk being banned from comments. SPAMMERS WILL BE BLOCKED.