Saturday, July 21, 2012

Deep Condition Sunday

My Sunday henna. I will be using only half of this packet and mixing it with my deep conditioner for a hair strengthener. Then will follow with a moisturising conditioner as needed. I will update when I fully decide on my mix:o)

UPDATE: I just mixed roughly half the pack of henna (Note: this is pre-mixed henna not regular henna which gives hair a red hue). with about 1/3 cup of Proclaim Cholesterol, 4 tbsp Suave Humectant Moisture, 2 tbsp glycerine, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tsp of honey, and a pinch of salt. We'll see how this works out :o)

2ND UPDATE: This went well! My hair came out soft. I still conditioner rinsed with Tresemme Silk Protein Healthy Volume Conditioner. Then it felt like silk. I noticed my hair shed less and combed out way easier. I had forgotten my hair bands so I couldn't do my usual ponytail in the shower which upset me. So I combed my hair into 4 tight braids under the running shower water and prayed for the best.



Well, my hair mad easy to part with just my hands. The texture once again was looser. After I applied my Suave Humectant Moisture Conditioner as a leave-in and sealed with coconut/castor oil (Dax lanolin on the ends) comb was nothing. I got no tangles, knots, or even any hair in the comb! I could even use... are you ready for this... a finer comb with the teeth closer together. You have to understand that I haven't texlaxed my hair in almost 1 YEAR & 6 MONTHS. So I am officially sold on henna. I'm on the wagon and I'm not getting off.
Hair with henna in
Hair with henna in.




Hair after rinsing uncombed

Hair after rinsing uncombed

Hair after being combed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No offensive, rude, or violent language or you risk being banned from comments. SPAMMERS WILL BE BLOCKED.