Thursday, August 9, 2012

Protective Style Files! Getting My Wig Game Up!


Gala wig by Freetress
I just realized that I haven't bought a wig in 2 years. I'm so behind on what's hot now. So I decided to give my hair a rest by putting it in 8 block braids that I will co-rinse (rinse with conditioner) 4x a week, and redo on Sundays (Note: I'm still using my sulfur oil too). This will allow me creative freedom, and to up my wig game.

Now, I'm picky as hell when it comes to wigs so I had to do my research before I dove head first into it. After a few days of researching websites, YouTube videos, and head shapes (no, I'm not joking.) I've narrowed it down to my top must have wigs.

The first one I placed an order for, is probably one of the biggest chances I'm taking. Why? Well. because I'm learning I look best with a bang, and although this has a bang, it's more of a Beyonce/Kim Kardashian hybrid swoop. Never done this before. I've only seen it on weaves. I'm going to take a chance though.

So The first wig I ordered was the Freetress Equal Futura Gala wig in 1B (add a 1 as backup if it's sold out/not in stock). The wig is $18.99 + $5.00 shipping at divatress.com and should arrive early next week.

Now I would not have bought this wig if it wasn't for the YouTubers GlamorouslifeofB and Xebonyeyezx because most of the people I saw with this wig on had it all sideways and stuff. Or didn't even bother to brush it. They sold it to me well though.

P.S rate, comment, and subscribe to their channels :o)


Jina (click to enlarge)
The next wig that I absolutely, positively, without a doubt, must get my hands on is the Junee Manhattan Style Jina wig which retails for around $28.99. I'm not going to lie, I  was in between this wig and the Miss California wig which is similar, but thicker, much longer, with a longer bang (retails for around $21.00).

Miss California
 I just feel like I would only end up cutting Miss California to get it to look like Jina. I will say that Miss California looks a little more real than Jina but I think the bottom line is how you like your bang (and length because Miss Califorina looks to be between 16-22 inches long).


Ebony (click to enlarge)
The next wig I'm looking to by, particularly for the winter, is the Freetress Equal Wig Ebony. I am a little worried about buying this wig which is the only reason why I did not purchase it first and went with Gala. See, this wig has no clips, which normally is not a problem for me, however I hear people complain about the wig being a little too small. Still, I love the fact that it has a bang, is very, very soft, and retails for around $19.95. I can really see myself rocking Ebony like my winter hat when I co-rinse in colder months.



A quick note about my half wig game. I'm still in it to win it, just taking a small break. But when the break is over. These are the wigs I'm buying:


OUTRE QUICK WEAVE TAMMY
Tammy Half Wig $16.99



Runway Girl Half Wig $17.99



 Still on my hunt for the holy grail of curly wigs.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for sharing this great information with us. I am really glad to learn about this because it helps me to increase my knowledge about lace wigs.

    ReplyDelete

No offensive, rude, or violent language or you risk being banned from comments. SPAMMERS WILL BE BLOCKED.