Thursday, August 2, 2012

She's Edgy, She Leaves Conditioner In Her Hair

That's right, I use plain old conditioner as a leave-in. No shame in my game! This one craaazy step has allowed me to retain a butt load of length with hardly any split ends.

As you may have read in my hair bible series, years ago I picked up Oprah's stylist's book. In it he says that store leave-in conditioner is simply watered down rinse out conditioner.

I began to connect the dots with similar stories I'd heard about women of color growing their hair to great lengths by simply washing then leaving the conditioner in their hair(often sealing it with oil.).

I had nothing to loose so I thought I'd try it. Now I am officially hooked. Here are some of my favorite rinse out conditioners to use as leave-ins.

  • Suave Humectant Moisture
  • VO5 Strawberries & Cream
  • Aussie Moist
Here are some I'm looking to try:
  • Sally Beauty Supply's Salon Care Honey & Almond Conditioner
  • Suave Almond & Shea Butter
  • Suave Coconut & Shea Butter
Note: I always seal with oil after applying. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Idrissa! It's Candace from the Hair Bible BootCamp challenge. Do you use the conditioners as moisturizers too or just as leave-ins? I have been using it as both.

    ReplyDelete

No offensive, rude, or violent language or you risk being banned from comments. SPAMMERS WILL BE BLOCKED.