Sunday, July 29, 2012

Deep Condition Sunday

A simple day today. Didn't want to do too much. Y'all know I haven't had a relaxer in 2 years, and a texlax in 1 year & five months, so I can't really be too lazy but I've found ways around that.

I mixed up Proclaim Cholesterol (Sally Beauty Supply $2.00) with Suave Humectant Moisture (Walmart under $2.00) 3 tablespoons of honey and a pinch of salt.

First I shampooed my hair in 6 braids I put in last night (I moisturized and sealed them the night before). Then I applied my mix to my hair. Placed a plastic bag, followed by a scarf on top(broke out the old school Rhinestone Doo Rag this time). Left it in for an hour. Rinsed. Combed hair into too buns UNDER RUNNING WATER.

I was too lazy to comb my hair after that, so I just undid my bun, (it's 2 strand twisted) blotted my hair, applied conditioner, oil (coconut, olive, castor mix), & Dax lanolin to my 2 strand twist and pinned it back up into a bun. Then I just applied conditioner, oil (coconut, olive, castor, peanut, cap of wild growth oil) and Labella level 9 hair gel (Walmart $2.00 + added 5 tbsp oil) to the top and edges. Applied scarf and I'm through.

In the AM I'll apply conditioner and Dax to my nape and coil it. That's it for me. The following are some quick pictures of what I did.
Hair after washing in braids. My shrinkage is greatness!
My deep conditioner mix

Bust out the old school rhinestone doo rang to cover the plastic bag on my head.

Following pictures are of my hair with conditioner, oil, and hair gel.
Satin scarf so I will have the slickest of the slick hair and edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No offensive, rude, or violent language or you risk being banned from comments. SPAMMERS WILL BE BLOCKED.