Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Summer 2012 Routine

This is my entire hair routine for the summer. Sometimes I may skip a day but never two. My scalp doesn't like because it is too hot. And my hair is much softer too.

My Spring/Summer Routine
  • Co-wash daily (it's more of a co-rinse I do) in 4 ponytails with Aussie Moist Conditioner or Tresemme Naturals Conditioner.
  • Brush hair back under running shower water into a ponytail or two ponytails (2 strand twisted).
  • Apply leave-in like VO5 or Suave Humectant (yes plain old conditioner) to ponytail and edges. Seal with coconut oil, olive, castor oil mix. Add a dab of Dax lanolin to my ends and pin into a bun. Apply Proclaim Aloe Gel or La Bella Level 9 gel and air dry with scarf on to smooth edges. Baggy bun as needed.
  • At night apply sulfur & peppermint oil mixture to scalp. Cover head with plastic cap, and scarf. Leave on overnight and rinse out in the morning. Note: Don't like to do this more than 4 days a week.
  • Shampoo 1-2x a week.
  • Deep condition with moisture once a week.
  • Protein treatment once a month.
  • Bun EVERYDAY! Rock a phony pony/bun/afro puff over it from time to time. Half wig with headband if it's not too hot out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No offensive, rude, or violent language or you risk being banned from comments. SPAMMERS WILL BE BLOCKED.