Tuesday, June 18, 2013

First Attempt At Homemade Protein Treatment


What is that green, alien-like, goo in that bowl? 

Jello! 

I know, let me explain.


First off, why does it seem like the closer to natural I get in this transition, the more natural ingredients I want to use? Anyway, my spirit told me to try making a protein deep conditioner after I realized I was out of both Aphogee & henna. 

My first though was to grab an egg but as I was cracking it my mind kept questioning if it could penetrate hair strands. So I stopped and started googling sources of other protein when I found out collagen is in jello! A type of collagen that is small enough to penetrate the hair!


So here is what I did:

I combined 1 jello cup ( kiddie size, melted) with equal parts conditioner (Suave Almond & Shea Butter), 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp on vinegar, and that single egg. Mixed it up and left in in my hair for 2 hrs (no plastic cap. Didn't want fried eggs in my hair).



Honestly, this was little bit of overkill because the egg would have done okay on its own, and the jello with a little bit of oil would have done excellent on its own. Since I haven't had a protein treatment in months I was really going Ham. And let me tell you, I was amazed by the results! My hair was so strong when I rinsed it out. Crazy strong, with very little shedding. On top of that it was soft too!

I'm going to have to wait and see how long this lasts and update this blog later though. If I can get at least 4 weeks out of this then it's a keeper. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No offensive, rude, or violent language or you risk being banned from comments. SPAMMERS WILL BE BLOCKED.